Monday 27 April 2015

Plenty more artwork to come and writing too!

Candice here! :)

I've been busy doing art and creating a large backlog of artwork to upload.  This is so I can spend the next couple of months writing with no distractions.  I really need to get this book done so I can hopefully have five books done overall by the end of the year.  Of course the business will definitely be up and running long before I start publishing them.  I'm hoping to have ten rough drafts complete by the time I've finished with the writing course.

As for my art.  I'm hoping to do more traditional art.  I've started doing paintings and have already done one.  I work with acrylic painting and am finding these is lots to learn.  I'll also be doing more drawings.  Eventually I'll be selling the originals, although not for a while yet.

Damian has been very busy doing art too.  At the moment he has been focusing on realism rather than abstract.  His realism seems to be getting better every time he does a picture.  He works with graphite and has been drawing a lot of animals and a few illustrations as well.  I love his realistic style as it has a real sketchy feel to it.

I'm also hoping that we will have the business up and running in the next few months.  We are thinking of offering lessons in portraiture as well with both me and my husband teaching.  But first I have to design the course.  I'm going to pick up where I left off last time with it, so I've already got something to work with.

Anyway, that's all for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment